RE-Charge and Travel with CREW
Tuesday, Mar 23, 2021
Be RE-charged as CREW Calgary presents The Well, RioCan REIT and Allied Properties REIT’s mixed-used development located in the King West neighborhood of Toronto, Canada. A Round Table Networking Event with (5) Thought Leaders will follow the presentation.
We start our 90-minute event, with a Video and Panel style discussion and experience first hand one of the most ambitious mixed-used development endeavors in Canada. A bold reflection of Toronto's energy and diversity, The Well is an extension of the vibrancy of the city. Providing space for 7,000 new office jobs in 1.2 million sq.ft. of offices, 1,300 new retail jobs in 420,000 sq.ft. of retail and 1,700 residences across six buildings, The Well is projected to contribute just under $1 billion annually of economic activity once complete.
Did you know: The Well’s development team joined forces with Enwave Energy Corporation (Enwave) to extend the existing Deep Lake Water Cooling and hot water distribution networks, by building a new energy storage facility housed on site, giving the development and surrounding communities access to low-carbon, resilient and sustainable cooling and heating solutions.
The Well project has achieved Platinum-level WIRED® certification from WireScore for its best-in class digital connectivity, technological infrastructure, and commitment to emerging digital trends. With the addition of transit, green spaces and new opportunities for eating, shopping, working, playing and living, the idea of livability is real, with easy access to everything that Toronto demands, expects and deserves.
This event will be hosted by CREW’s very own Kim Wingerak and there will be presentations from (6) panelists from RioCan:
- Leasing: Mary Anne Leal, Senior Director, Leasing
- Asset Management: Christopher Edey, Director, Asset Management
- Marketing: Patil Angaladian, Senior Coordinator, Marketing
- Operations: Anthony Casalanguida, General Manager
- Development: Kimberly Valliere, VP, Development Construction
- Development: Melissa Bruzzese, AVP, Development
Each will highlight the various stages of the planning, development, marketing, leasing and operations, with a Q+A.
Following the presentation, CREW Calgary will host a Round Table Networking opportunity for all participants on the call. You will be randomly placed in 5 virtual break-out rooms and discuss for 10 minutes on the Topics below. Prepare yourselves, for great conversations:
- Elevate through the power of networking- Kim Wingerak, RioCan VP Western Operations
- Elevate through inspiring and supporting others- Jennifer Suess, RioCan SVP & General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Mentor-mentee relationships- CREW Calgary
- Putting your best foot forward- CREW Calgary
- Power of collaboration- CREW Calgary
In lieu of a registration fee, members are asked to donate $25 and non-members $40 to support young women through scholarship awarded through the CREW Foundation Canada.
Click HERE to donate.
For more information about CREW Foundation click HERE.
Tuesday, Mar 23, 2021