Co-Chair Member Spotlight: Amanda Blacktopp
Thursday, Jul 8, 2021
Amanda Blacktopp is the current Co-Chair of the CREW Calgary chapter Golf Committee. She manages the suburban assets for Manulife Investment Management, including beltline towers, low rise office and small bay industrial. Recently Amanda’s tenant list includes a lab tenant who is producing COVID-19 vaccines!
1. What do you enjoy most about working in the Commercial Real Estate Industry?
I love how the days are never the same in my role as a Property Manager at Manulife.
2. How has CREW brought value to your career?
CREW has expanded my network both professionally and personally. I call many members of CREW my good friends and may not know them otherwise.
3. What are three reasons you would encourage a colleague to join CREW?
- Expanding your network
- Exciting events to attend in our industry
- CREW clearly cares about the women in our industry and is always there to help
4. How are you positively adapting to the work-from-home and work/life challenges presented by COVID-19 measures?
I have made changes to my home to help make working from home easier; a proper office, double screens and music playing.
5. Share an interesting or little-known fact about yourself?
I am very active- skiing most winter weekends and in the summer, I downhill mountain bike and golf. Recently I broke my leg but kept skiing til the end of the season … not knowing it was broken for 6 weeks!