Board Member Spotlight: Megan Russo
Thursday, Apr 1, 2021
Megan Russo is the 2021 Emerging Leader Director on the CREW Calgary Chapter Board. She has been involved with CREW Calgary for 3 years, sitting on the golf committee and is currently the liaison for the Mentorship Committee. Megan is an interior designer at Zeidler Architecture. One of her completed projects, Computer Modeling Group Ltd., was awarded MASI Design Award, Gold. Problem solving, drive and passion are the fundamentals that Megan possesses, enabling her to look at the finer details of a project and implement sophisticated solutions.
1. What do you enjoy most about working in the Commercial Real Estate Industry?
The interaction and socialization with a variety of people in different areas of Commercial Real Estate. Some of these relationships have developed into close friendships.
2. How has CREW brought value to your career?
The conferences that are offered through CREW have provided insights and knowledge that I can implement into my role as an interior designer.
3. What are three reasons you would encourage a colleague to join CREW?
CREW provides an opportunity to network with welcoming, like-minded individuals who are empowering each other to achieve their goals.
All CREW Members, not just in Calgary, are approachable and are willing to provide guidance.
CREW provides access to a variety of networking events and conferences to attend to develop personal and professional skills.
4. How are you positively adapting to the work-from-home and work/life challenges presented by COVID-19 measures?
I was fortunate to work remotely in British Columbia, which allowed me to spend quality time with my immediate family.
5. Share an interesting or little-known fact about yourself?
Megan is semi-fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)